Here I am-Week 27. Officially less than three months away! People keep asking me in public when I'm due. When I say March, they sometimes give me an, "Ohhhhhh." Hmm. Not sure what that ohhhhh means. (To which I usually reply with a sweet smile that you always look bigger faster the second time around.) I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm still celebrating that I only gained 3 pounds this month versus the 7 pounds I gained each month for the past two months. Now, where's my ice cream with chocolate and peanut butter chips...


On another note, we decided to get Addison big girl furniture before the next baby comes (though I'm not looking forward to her being in a bed that she can get out of). After looking for beds and dressers and getting sticker shock from everywhere we went, we just happened to go to Mathis Brothers here this weekend (If you don't live around here, it's the biggest furniture store you've seriously ever seen!) and we found a white head board in the "AS IS" room for $99! Add a frame for $30 and there you go. Oh, how I love the "AS IS" room! Pictures of her new room won't be coming until February when we put it all together. Here's the $99 head board. Yes, it came with other parts, but Scott disassembled it to get it in the car.

As for baby, she will be staying (big gulp) in our room for a little while (those who know me know I DO NOT like this-we will see how long it lasts!) until all of our family leave and then she'll take over the guest room.

You look great Julie!! And don't worry about what people say! I cannot believe you are 27 weeks already! Where has the time gone?? I love Addie's bed - what a great find and for a great price!! I hope all goes well with transitioning Addie to her big girl bed...and with the baby in your room!! See you soon!!
ReplyDeleteHey, call me before you transition to the bed if you want my opinion. I know you have a month or two but I have thoughts... that I suffered for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you look fabulous- your beaming! haha
ReplyDeleteyou look absolutely perfect- emma is going to be just right!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Becky Y.- the big bed transition can be a little rough, but it can be done! I'm sure Addison will do great.
Congrats on the HUGE find in the "as is" section- love it!!!!
Can't wait to see the room!
Julie, I'd love to hear Becky Y's thoughts about moving to the big girl bed. I'm not planning to move Ivy any time soon, but would love to hear what others have to say. It will help me make the decision when it comes time to do it!!
ReplyDeleteYour belly is precious!!!
ReplyDelete