Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Backyard Blooms

Over the past 4 years, Scott and I have created a perrenial flower garden from scratch. (For those of you who don't garden, those are the plants that come back every year.) It took a lot of sweat, but we have it where we want it... well, almost:) I did find a plant or two that needs transplanting, a word Scott doesn't like to hear! It always amazes me how we go from bare twigs to beautiful leaves and flowers in just a few weeks. I love looking outside each day. Remind me of that when I have to water every day when it's over a hundred degrees here in a couple of months! And, yes... I've already killed one plant and Buster's great aim is working on killing another one, too!

My first rose of the season!
Dianthus
Weigela bush


My peonies... this could be the first year I actually get to see the buds turn into flowers!


Lilac bush... it smells wonderful! This is the first time in 4 years that a frost hasn't damaged it.


3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! If only I had your green thumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I just have one question for ya... do you hire out???? :) I just love your backyard and I bet it is so fun to see all the flowers come back each year!

    ReplyDelete