Monday, May 4, 2009

Where's Your...

Despite our child talking ALL the time, she is not really saying many words yet. Dadda and Terter for Buster. Occasionally, she'll say Mama, but that's it:( I'm just glad she understands a lot and is still following directions so that I know she can hear us! Anyway, here's our best attempt to show what she's learning. It's not easy to capture when we only have 30 second videos on the camera! Unfortunately, she quickly figured out we were taping this!


On another note, here's the recipe for the Cider Pork Chops. Jessica, you could use chicken... I'm sure it would taste the same:)


4-6 boneless pork chops

3 Granny Smith apples; thinly sliced (or whatever apples you have)

1 c. raisins (optional)

salt and pepper

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. apple cider (I was cheap and just used apple juice)

Put them all into a crock pot for 6-8 hours until the meat & apples are tender/falls apart. The original recipe calls for you to bake them, but I prefer the easier method of using the crock pot.


Also, you may want to pair it with a yummy and easy dessert: Mississippi Mud Bars


1 or 2 boxes of brownie mix, cook as directed. When the brownies are slightly warm, add marshmallow cream. Then, add chocolate frosting.


Yum! And, yes.... I got all of this stuff at Aldi! So proud of myself. Let me tell you, there's nothing better than watching Scott get so excited about dinner:) It's like he's a little kid again!


And on another note again, as I watch the video above over and over, I cannot help but get a little sad realizing how fast Addison is growing up. So, down memory lane I go as I look at her photos from last summer. She has surely changed! Enjoy some old pics of her below.


4 Months Old... First time eating peas.



My favorite picture of Addison.

5 Months. She's changed so much already:(

2 comments:

  1. That video is so adorable! It was great talking to you today - I miss you so much!! PS - Hannah will also not be eating peas in my presence... they're actually worse than bananas in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love all these pictures. Makes me realize that I will more than likely be saying the same things in a year! She has grown so much!

    ReplyDelete