After posting about the You Tube video on making bows the other day, I decided I was finally in the mood to make a few. Just call me a Martha Stewart wannabe! The ribbon was 83 cents each (1 yard) from Hobby Lobby and I already had the rest of the materials: needle, thread, hot glue gun, and 4 clips from my friend at Jazzercise. My only frustration is that I like having a thinner ribbon versus a knot in the middle of my bow, which they don't carry in the sell-by-the-yard section (except in black). I like the look of the double stacked bows, so after making the white one, I decided to do the rest that way. Anyway, I hope to make cuter ones in the future... I just didn't want to spent the money on a whole roll of cute ribbon if I was only going to make one of each kind!
They're not perfect, but for 83 cents, they are awesome!

So I guess I am going to have to learn how to make bows!! Those are so cute and for only 83 cents!!! You can't beat that! I can't wait to see them in person - Good job!!
ReplyDeleteThe bows look great!! But I'm with you, I like a piece of thinner ribbon in the middle. But the knots look just fine. I'm going to try to get some supplies next week and try to make some. I think I can do it - I just need to practice. I thought I might buy a roll of white ribbon - Ivy wears her white ribbon a lot. That way I can make several and not have tons of ribbon left over. Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete