Friday, January 22, 2010

Feeling Crafty

As I mentioned before, we're going non-stop around here trying to get things ready for Emma's room. We've chosen to use lavender versus pink this time around, but I've had a difficult time finding accessories. It seems like every store carries pink decor, but not lavender. So, as I was browsing etsy.com one day I found a few paintings I liked... but the gal who makes them lives in France! Scott looked at them and said, "You can definitely recreate those!" I remembered that a gal from my church (the one that I took the photography class from) recently made a painting with scrapbook paper, a little paint, and mod podge. Now, I don't consider myself crafty but I can certainly copy many things!! And that's just what I did. Here's a link to the painting that Ashley did on her blog. (You should check out the rest of her blog-there are some really cool ideas/gorgeous pictures on there.) Here is the one that I made to work in Emma's room.
All you need: canvas-I used 14x18 in., scissors, scrapbook paper, small bottle(s) of acrylic paint, brushes, glue/sealer (I used mod podge for both). Total cost: $15-20

And, since I was still feeling crafty, I made letters for Emma's name with scrapbook paper and mod podge. Once again, it was NOT easy finding cool scrapbook paper in lavendar! Tons of pink, but not much to choose from in the purple department!

Well, we're almost done with her room! I dropped off all of my drapes with my local sewing queen, Ferris, today. I'll take more pics when I get everything back!

6 comments:

  1. Well I think you need to start considering yourself as a crafty person!! Those are so cute! I think the picture is going to look great in her room and her name turned out so cute!! I can't wait to see the room when you all are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, you are AMAZING! kudos~ the accesories turned out fabulous; little Emma will love them :)
    ps: more cute belly pictures, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize you had settled on Emma! But so glad you did!! And I think you can call yourself "crafty" for sure!! It doesn't matter if you came up with the idea or not, as long as you can do it, you're crafty! Love the lavender this time around. I've thought about doing lavender with Ivy's new room if she EVER gets a new brother or sister and we re-do her room... Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. julie, you are so crafty! i hope you enjoy doing it, everything you've done is so cute! i think i might have to hire you when the time comes for us to have a kid! i cannot wait to see emma's room complete! rest up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm feeling crafty myself these days. I need to start a project...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are Awesome! I love the bird picture- too cute! as always, you totally impress me!

    ReplyDelete