Monday, March 8, 2010

Meet Emma Elizabeth!

Emma is finally here! Another mini-Scott with a ton of dark hair. This labor and delivery story is soooooo different than Addison's! For all of you who like the details:


  • 6am: Arrived
  • 6:45: Got pitocin, was between 3-4 cm dilated
  • 7:45: Got my epidural
  • 8:45: Dr. broke my water; 5cm dilated
  • 9:45: Nurse checked me-I was 7cm
  • 10:30: Nurse checked again and I was 10cm; called Dr. and got the room ready
  • ~11:00: Dr. arrived
  • 11:19: Emma was born
Most of you know that I delivered Addison too quickly, so I couldn't get an epidural or any pain control last time:( I'm happy to report that I had ZERO, and I mean ZERO, pain this time. LOVE you epidural! I was completely loopy all morning long. Scott asked later if I knew how funny I was... yep! I told him, "I love you, you're the best husband, can I have a hug and a kiss, etc." about a thousand times yesterday morning, and I know he appreciated that much more than the words that came out of my mouth last time:) We didn't get it on tape, but it was pretty funny. Anyway, it was really nice to be able to enjoy the labor this time!


Addison did really well meeting Emma for the first time! She was a little shy at first (there were a bunch of people in the room), but quickly warmed up. She wanted to hold Emma several times and give her a toy that my friend Missy had brought for her. Hopefully it will go well again today.

Are these gals sisters or what???
Addison: Day One

Emma: Day One


Holding Emma for the first time.

6 comments:

  1. She is such a doll! It is amazing how much the girls look alike!! They could be twins!! It will be fun to watch Emma grow up to see how much she will look like Addison when she gets older. The pics of Addison holding Emma are so sweet! You all have two beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls!!! Welcome, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma is beautiful! And I'm so glad your labor and delivery went so well - I'm glad you got to enjoy it this time!! The pictures of Addie holding Emma are so sweet - they are going to be great friends... You have a beautiful family.
    Jamie N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they seriously look SO much alike! Love it! and those pics with Addison are so precious! I'm sure you will treasure them for a lifetime. What a special time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh! how precious!! Emma and Addy look EXACTLY alike, how funny! Josiah loved reading the blog about new baby Emma...she is such a gift, enjoy every moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats beam family! emma is so beautiful and addie looks like she's going to be a great helper! enjoy this special time!

    ReplyDelete