We had a 17 hour drive (pre-kids) from Tulsa to Asheboro, NC ahead of us. After talking to many moms who have done a long trip with kiddos in the car, we decided we HAD to either leave at night or early in the morning. Well, we left at 4:30am (that includes making sure the house was PERFECT for a showing later that day!) and got to our halfway/stopping point in Nashville around 2:30pm. Hmmm. There was NO way we were stopping yet! We had a few other options, so we kept driving. Then at 7:30pm we realized we were only ~5 hours from my mom's and the kids were going to be going to bed soon, so we kept going. AND... yep, we made a 17 hour drive WITH kids and a dog in a Camry in 20 hours with very little whining and crying and we still really like each other! Crazy! Impressive! That includes only one pit stop peeing in the bushes at a closed gas station in rural NC. Total cost = $125. Of course, as soon as we got here the kiddos were up and full of energy and we didn't get to bed until 2 am:) I hope the 13 hour drive to Toronto goes just as well. Wishful thinking, I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YEA!!!!! so glad!!!! I am totally impressed!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Good for you guys!! Email me when you get a chance & update me on the changes with you guys! I haven't been on here in forever!! I need to update to share info about baby chapin...I"m so slack!!
ReplyDelete