Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Still waiting...

Dear blogger world,

It's 1am and I'm waiting for my child to stop crying and go to sleep. I've gone in there a few times and now I'm done. I'm frustrated. I've slept 30 minutes so far tonight. She's eaten, she's had Tylenol, Baby Orajel, we've rocked, etc. I'm beginning to think I am earning something from the tooth fairy when she eventually loses these wonderful teeth. Sorry to vent, but you are my therapy right now. Yes, I shouldn't be complaining. I know that. And, I wouldn't be if she was 3 months old or if I knew she was actually sick. I'd have a nice mug of hot tea, but then I'd have to pee in an hour. I'd have a glass of wine, but then I'd once again have to pee and how would that look...it's WAY early for that. I'd read, but I can't concentrate through the crying. And, yes, God and I have been chatting for awhile now.

Silence. Aaaaaahhhh... finally. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Off to bed.

Julie

3 comments:

  1. I get overwhelmed sometimes too, especially when nothing seems to sooth Johnny. I think it's good to vent and in some ways complain when you've hit your end; it helps you to refuel for what could be an even longer night. Im glad she finally went to sleep and I hope you are still sleeping now even! You are a great Mom, one day Addi will be saying Mama a lot more and soon after that she'll tell you herself how much she loves you and appreciates you. Back to work I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlfriend- I'm so sorry that you had a rough nite. How is she doing? Was it definitely teething? No matter what logic and reason tell me, in the wee hours of the morning, my only thoughts are "NEED SLEEP NOW!" I'm no good at that stuff. You are a GREAT MOM and Addison is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope things are going better for you, julie! how is addie feeling- was it her teeth? you'll get thru this, girl! i'm looking forward to trying all your yummy recipes, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete