Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Fun

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day yesterday! We woke up early and went to the Broken Egg Cafe on 71st for breakfast, went to church, then came home to watch a little golf and take a nap. Later in the day, we went to Safari's Interactive Animal Sanctuary, located just minutes from our house. They have over 200 animals, most coming from individuals who owned these animals as pets or from zoos that over breed. You know I love reading about celebrities, and two of the animals were actually given to the zoo by Mike Tyson (two tigers)! Our tour guide was very informative and Addison LOVED petting the animals.

I love this picture. It was extremely hot yesterday, so our tour guide decided to cool off one of the tigers. The tiger jumped in his big watering bin as she hosed him down!


Addie and the deer... look at how far the deer stuck her head out of the cage to get a fruit snack!
This just cracks me up.... I wonder what the deer is thinking??
Scott and Addie petting a wolf. Well, this one is just half wolf:)

Addie and the llama.



Meet the goat.
They had a little sprinkler set up... it felt great!

Next we went to Wendy's for a frosty. They were donating 50 cents per frosty towards orphan care... what a great reason to get a Frosty on Father's Day! I gave Addison just a bite and then she took my whole cup!

We finished our day with a swim in the neighborhood pool and watering the flowers. She quite enjoys the hose.

One more. I have a cute little friend who now resides in my front flower pot. He jumps pretty high to get in there, but has been in there the past few times I've watered. I think he's fun and I'm glad I've made him a happy home:)

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! It looks like you guys had a great Father's Day! That animal park looks like a lot of fun. I hope you guys have a safe trip, it's coming up right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun-filled day!! That animal sanctuary looks great - Ivy would love that. I'm glad you all had a great Father's Day. We didn't do too much - just a nice breakfast, church, and then hung around the house for the rest of the day. See you soon!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pics show how awesome your camera is- you got some great shots! We have put the safari sanctuary on our "to do" list. We are going to have to check it out. I'm so glad you had a nice Father's day.
    (P.S. We are SO excited about seeing Buster!)

    ReplyDelete